How We Can Help

We provide free legal services for low income residents of Elgin County, Oxford County, Oneida of the Thames First Nation, Chippewa of the Thames First Nation and Munsee-Delaware First Nation. Contact us to get in touch with us for help.

We can help with your problems with:

  • Applications to the Criminal Injuries Compensation board, if you have been the victim of a crime
  • Employment law, like employment standards, employment insurance, and wrongful dismissal
  • Sexual harassment in the workplace advice and legal information via the Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (SHIW) Project
  • Housing law (tenants or co-op members only – not landlords), like evictions
  • Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), like applying for ODSP or problems once you are getting it
  • Ontario Works (OW), applications and problems once you are getting it
  • Canada Pension Plan (CPP-Disability or regular CPP)

We also give legal information presentations to community agencies and members of the public.

If we can’t help you, we will try to refer you to someone who can.

We can’t help you with . . .

Click on the links for information on getting help from Legal Aid Ontario.

How We Help

We start with advice for your problem. Some people need more help than advice. Sometimes we will help you by preparing documents (for example, an application to the Landlord and Tenant Board).

And sometimes we can represent you in a court or at a tribunal, such as the Social Benefits Tribunal or the Landlord and Tenant Board.

We start with advice and then consider providing other services for you.